The Shire of Collie has commenced advertising of draft Local Planning Scheme No. 6 and formally invites submissions.
The Shire received a determination from the Environmental Protection Authority on 7 January 2020 that it would not formally assess the scheme and the WAPC issued consent to advertise subject to modifications on 22 July 2020. Following required modifications, the Shire now has approval to formally advertise Draft Local Planning Scheme No. 6.
Formal advertising will occur between 17 September 2020 and 18 December 2020 in accordance with the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015.
The main purposes of the Scheme is to –
- set aside land as local reserves for public purposes; and
- zone land for the purposes defined in the Scheme; and
- control and guide development including processes for the preparation of structure plans, activity centre plans and local development plans; and
- set out procedures for the assessment and determination of development applications; and
- make provision for the administration and enforcement of the Scheme; and
- address other matters referred to in Schedule 7 of the Act.
Copies of the planning scheme and associated plans and documents are available for inspection at:
- Shire of Collie Administration Office;
- Shire of Collie Community Library; and
- Shire of Collie website: https://www.collie.wa.gov.au/council/out-for-comment/
Submissions on the planning scheme may be lodged in writing and should include the scheme name and number, the property affected and details of the submission and lodged with the undersigned on or before 18 DECEMBER 2020.
Submissions can be made by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Locked Bag 6225, Collie WA 6225
- In person: 87 Throssell Street, Collie WA 6225
- Completing a submission form online at https://www.collie.wa.gov.au/council/out-for-comment/
Should you have any queries, please contact me on 9734 9000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.