- Construction of day-use and campground areas continue.
Collie Scenic Drive
- The contractor will commence sealing the remaining sections of this road this week. These works are planned to be completed before the end of 2020.
- The first draft of the Collie Wayfinding Strategy is expected to be completed this week.
- Work has commenced on the Collie Wayfinding and Storytelling Mobile App
- Digital screens will be installed in late September in two shop windows.
- DBCA presented on the wayfinding projects to the Shire of Collie Tourism and Marketing Advisory Committee on 22 September.
- DBCA is working with local tourism providers and the Shire of Collie on a Trails Brand Launch which will include a trails and tourism photo shoot. This is expected to take place early November.
Wellington National Park (WNP) Mountain Bike Trails
- Tender for the WNP MTB Trails Stage 1 (Design and Construct) has closed and now being assessed by DBCA.
- Final Aboriginal Heritage Survey report still pending.
Wellington Dam Precinct
- The structural engineering assessment of the existing water pipe as a proposed foundation for the mural walkway down to the base of the dam has been completed and now being assessed by DBCA.
- Request for Tender for Road and Carpark is in development.
Collie River Suspension Bridge
- Tenders for the Collie River Suspension Bridge (Design and Construct) have closed.
Flora/Scenic Road Lookout
- Preliminary engineering design work has been completed and being reviewed by DBCA.
Wiilman Bilya Walk Trail
- The final Aboriginal Heritage Survey report is still pending.