- Two digital workshops were held in Collie to assist small businesses with increasing engagement with their target audiences. The workshops were practical and included a checklist of information that should be included in public-facing materials, such as opening hours, information about the services and/or goods they provide and local attractions. The workshops also highlighted the importance of branding and information consistency across a range of online platforms.
- Julie Broad, Business Adviser, has identified a number of additional workshops and advisory content which will be rolled out to businesses in the coming months. These include customer service, familiarisation with Collie tourism attractions, marketing, visual merchandising and improving business offerings. The SBDC will work with Julie to develop content for the local business community to address some of these issues.
- SBDC, Business Advisor South West and Peel (BASWP), Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries (DLGSC) and DBCA representatives met to discuss Trails WA and their trail friendly business program. This program will be launched in the coming weeks and is aimed at providing businesses who meet a certain assessment criterion with marketing and promotional services.
- Business who become assessed as a Trail Friendly business can display decals at their premises and will be promoted to people on the Trails WA website. The SBDC and BASWP will work closely with Trails WA to assist businesses to meet the assessment criteria from October onwards.
- Trails WA have developed criteria specifically for accommodation, cafes, transport providers and other services which may interact with people using the trails.
- Julie has also been assisting several businesses to develop their application for Futures Funding.
- Julie has also been working with local businesses to address service gaps. One such gap has been the availability of food service in town between 2-6pm. Julie has successfully convinced one of the local pubs to offer a Ploughman’s platter during this time to cater to people who are looking for a meal during this timeframe. Other businesses are now looking at offering additional services to fill identified gaps in the marketplace.