The South32 Collie Small Business Awards are the only awards dedicated exclusively to the achievements of small businesses and not for profit organisations in the Collie region. The winners were announced at a Blue Diamond Gala Presentation Night on Saturday 19th June 2021 at the transformed Collie Miner’s Institute Hall in Collie. (More photos to come)
We acknowledge our special guest for the night; Jodie Hanns, MLA, Member for Collie-Preston, Peter Harms Chair Collie CCI, Sarah Stanley (Shire President), Mick Murray, Joe Northover – Traditional Custodian, Jamie Getgood (Getgood Consulting – Guest Speaker sponsored by Rotary), Ben Coman, Chair of Rotary, Collie CCI committee members Julie Hillier, James Clarke and Greta Moloney.
The winners and finalists of the inaugural annual awards gala celebrated exceptional regional businesses who have made an extraordinary impact in the community and demonstrated excellence in their business or organisation. The Awards are the highest acknowledgement of outstanding achievement and commitment to the Collie business community.
We would like to congratulate the applicants on being selected as finalists for this year’s regional awards.
The awards are never possible without the support of its sponsors and the Collie Chamber of Commerce and event organisers thank them for their valued support:
- South32‘s Army from the Raw Materials Maintenance Team, under the supervision of superintendents James Yorath, Phil Drain, Casey Killen, Dee O’Brien and Anthony Stewart. Also children Leon Yorath and Scarlet Stewart who helped to help setup Saturday morning,
- Zac and the team from A Moveable Feast for the delicious food coming from the Kitchen,
- Jock and the team from Club Hotel Motel Collie along with Julie and BJ from Harris River Estate Winery for supplying the excellent beverages,
- Dean and Sharon from Lomax Media, for the creative video content and live streaming
- Jared, Walter and all the team at Totally Sound for transforming the venue through ingenious sound and lighting combinations.
- Darcy from Delicate Designs by Darcy, for making the amazing welcome and seating plan,
- Joanne from Glory Bee Wedding and Party Hire, for the professional table cloths and seat covers,
- Tracey and Zoe from Bizoo – Balloons, Gifts & Decorations, for the stunning balloon decorations,
- Triple M,- for Angie Ayers our fantastic MC
- Adrian Koomen our DJ, for the background music and keeping the pace going.
- Jessica from Lucy_rose_photography_ for capturing these moments and
- Marilyn from Flame Consulting Service, along with Tara from Collie Chamber of Commerce & Industry – for pulling the night all together
Click here to read the Media release.