COVID-19 Recovery Grant for Small Business
Read below to find out more about the grants
supported by South32 Worsley Alumina
The COVID-19 Recovery Grant for Small Businesses supported by South32 Worsley Alumina is key element of the Collie Chamber of Commerce & Industry (CCCI) Roadmap to Recovery strategy. This will assist small businesses to stimulate the economy and assist with reactivating business during and post COVID-19.
Applicants can apply for a one-off grant of:
Existing Members - from $1,000 - $5,000
New Members - from $1,000 - $2 500
The total pool of grant funding is $50,000.
Is my small business/association eligible?
To be eligible to apply for a Covid-19 Recovery grant for small business, you must be:
- A registered small business.
- An already operational business and not insolvent.
- A member of the CCCI (new members registering for the 5 months free membership offer will be accepted)
- Able to demonstrate annual turnover is less than $10M (as per ATO).
- Employ under 20 staff.
If you need any support completing the application
- Come and visit us at the Chamber between 9-9.30am on either the 14th/15th/16/17th July where we will give you an overview of the application criteria and you can complete your grant ready for lodging when the Grant process opens on 27th July (closing date 7th August at 3pm). book your slot by clicking the button below)
- Or join us for a zoom meeting 0900-0930 22 or 23rd July (book your slot by clicking the button below)
What can be funded?
- Marketing and promotions related to the reactivation of your business/association as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions.
- Purchase minor equipment to facilitate required change of operations.
- Rent, utilities and consumables.
- Other _________________________________________________________________.
What will NOT be funded?
- Projects or activities not directly related to the COVID-19 response.
- Staff salaries and wages.
- Normal operating costs.
- Retrospective work/materials/costs.
Application assessment process
- Submit application by closing date.
- Covid19 Recovery Grants panel will assess and decide approval based on eligibility and assessment criteria.
- CCCI President will approve and sign off on Quick Response Grants panel decisions.
- All applicants (successful or not) will be notified by w/c 17th August 2020.
Approval process and funding conditions
- Grant acceptance form to be completed and applicant to agree to all conditions within grant acceptance.
- Signed grant acceptance form and invoice to be issued to the Collie Chamber of Commerce & Industry to allow payment of grant.
- If you no longer require the grant, the funds will need to be repaid in full.
- At the completion of project, a simple acquittal must be completed.
Please see the Grant Application form below.
To be eligible for the COVID-19 Recovery grant for small business, you must complete and submit your membership application and all the required fields prior to the 7th August at 3pm.